AFP FP&A Learning System™
The AFP Financial Planning & Analysis Learning System is a comprehensive and flexible educational system for FP&A professionals worldwide.
FOCUSED TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. This program focuses on the most relevant knowledge and skills to help you succeed as and FP&A professional today.
FLEXIBLE FORMAT FOR BUSY PROFESSIONALS. Self-directed print, mobile and web-based training tools allow you to study when and where it’s convenient for you.
CUSTOMIZED STUDY PLAN. The SmartStudy tool helps you take your pre-test results and develop your own study plan which focuses on areas you need to study. Reports allow you to track your progress and measure learning gain.
COMPLETE PREPARATION. The program contains everything you need to prepare for the FP&A certification exam and saves countless hours searching through articles, textbooks and other resources to gain the most up-to-date knowledge for your profession.
Online Learning Center
Accessible by web browser or mobile device
- To increase success in studying for the FP&A exam, students can estimate the length of time needed to study and create a custom plan based on experience and initial assessment scores.
- Over 700 questions in the online software, over 1,000 questions in the entire system
- Two 50 question assessments (one for each part)
- Chapter quizzes
- Domain quick quizzes
- Two 50 question post-tests with a timing feature of the certification exam (one for each part)
- Comprehensive glossary of terms for easy reference online or while reading the materials
Interactive Case Studies
- Interactive case studies featuring real-life scenarios and questions to apply concepts
- Ask the Expert: Send an email directly to an FP&A expert for individual follow up questions on the content.
- Flashcards: Flashcards covering all five modules available online or printable.
- Related Links: Find links to key FP&A information such as certification and additional resources
- Additional resources: Access items to aid in your studies such as an index that covers all modules, key formulas, test specifications and a list of acronyms used.
- Individual reports: Designed to help the learner better focus their studies.
- Group reports: Provides composite and individual reports for instructors to target the areas that require more focus.
Learning Options to Meet Your Needs
Self-Study or Instructor-Led
- Several learning options are available to suit different learning styles, schedules, group sizes and locations.
- Individual self study, corporate/group training, college and university classroom or online instruction
Whether you are seeking certification or looking for FP&A knowledge to expand your skills, the AFP FP&A Learning System can help you meet your career goals. You will learn to:
- Provide insights into the financial decision-making process through analysis, financial projections (planning, budgeting and forecasting) and reporting.
- Analyze data and relevant facts, consolidate information and convey insight to support decision makers and other stakeholders.
- Deliver information in a meaningful way to a number of stakeholders, adding a layer of communication requirements not found in similar corporate finance roles.
- Accurately and efficiently identify, assess and adapt processes to changes in the business environment.
The AFP FP&A Learning System is an interactive review program that teaches and reinforces the five knowledge domains outlined in the FP&A Certification Test Specifications.
Comprehensive Reading Materials:
Reading materials provide the framework for your successful FP&A exam preparation in a concise and easy-to-understand format.
- Study with printed materials or e-books.
- Use books as reference materials for years to come.
- Ensure you have the most current knowledge with materials that align with established professional practices.
Interactive Online Study Tools
Online study tools, optimized for mobile devices, will help you develop a personalized study plan, test your comprehension of the FP&A knowledge domains, track your progress and finalize your FP&A exam preparations.
- Pre-tests: Evaluate your initial knowledge to identify areas of strength and weakness.
- SmartStudy Tools: Build a customized study plan using your pre-test results to target your most challenging topics and optimize your study time.
- Chapter-specific quizzes: After reading each chapter, test your comprehension, retention, and ability to apply concepts.
- Flashcards: Offer a review of key terms and definitions.
- Case Studies: Apply concepts learned to real-world scenarios.
- Post-tests: After studying all chapters, gauge the knowledge you’ve gained and areas that require further study.
- Practice Exams: The final exam will help you build confidence using the computer-based FP&A exam software before you enter the test center.
- Progress reports: Track your activities and scores.
- Resource Center: Access test-taking tips, FP&A exam resources, feedback links and more!
The AFP FP&A Learning System teaches and reinforces the five knowledge domains that are outlined in the FP&A Certification Test Specifications:
Part I. Financial Acumen – Gathering, Interpreting, Understanding, and Communicating Business and Financial Information
Domain A: Gathering and Interpreting Information
- Chapter 1: Information and FP&A
- Chapter 2: Strategy
- Chapter 3: Organization
- Chapter 4: Industry
- Chapter 5: Macro-environment
Domain B: Understanding Financial Concepts and Communicating/ Coordinating Work with Other Professionals
- Chapter 6: Finance Principles and Processes
- Chapter 7: Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Chapter 8: Managerial and Cost Accounting
- Chapter 9: Microeconomics
- Chapter 10: Managing FP&A Projects
- Chapter 11: Effective Communication
Part II. Financial Analysis – Building and Interpreting Financial Projections
Domain A: Analyzing Information
- Chapter 1: Specifying Outputs and Getting Inputs
- Chapter 2: Improving the Quality of Information
- Chapter 3: Refining Data, Assumptions Risks and Opportunities, and Plans
- Chapter 4: Building and Refining Models
- Chapter 5: Using Models and Sensitivities/Scenarios
- Chapter 6: Making Conclusions and Recommendations
- Chapter 7: Analyzing Information and Giving Feedback
Domain B: Building Financial Projections
- Chapter 8: Looking Forward
- Chapter 9: Ratio Analysis
- Chapter 10: Sales Volume and Revenue Projections
- Chapter 11: Financial Statement Projections
- Chapter 12: Staff Projections
- Chapter 13: Valuing Projects
- Chapter 14: Valuing Products
- Chapter 15: Risk Analysis
Domain C: Using Technology/Software
- Chapter 16: Applying Best Practices to FP&A Technology/Software
- Chapter 17: Using Worksheets and Worksheet Functions
- Chapter 18: Working with Databases, ERP/GL, and Business Intelligence Systems
The AFP FP&A Learning System course is offered in a number of learning formats to satisfy various learning styles:
The self-study program gives you the freedom to complete your studies and prepare for the FP&A credential at your convenience. Self-study benefits:
- Study where and when is convenient for you
- Freedom to create your own study plan to meet your schedule
- Focus as much time as you like on topics most relevant to your situation
- Minimize time away from the office and eliminate expenses associated with off-site training
The instructor-led courses combine the AFP FP&A Learning System with the leadership of a qualified instructor. Courses are available both in a classroom setting and online. View a complete list of instructor-led courses. Instructor-led course benefits:
- Combine the AFP FP&A Learning System program with the expertise of an instructor
- Participate in a paced course that provides discipline and a structured setting
- Have the opportunity to interact and network with your peers
If there are multiple training candidates within your organization or if you have organized a group of coworkers or friends who would like to prepare for and earn the FP&A credential, AFP offers the corporate/group training option. Take advantage of significant volume discounts when purchasing the AFP FP&A Learning System for your group. For details or to order, contact Katherine Bannon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-301-961-8627.
Corporate/group training benefits:
- Take advantage of savings available for groups of two or more
- Ensure that your staff receives consistent training
- Train geographically dispersed groups of staff
- Manage progress and track results with group reporting
- Company issues remain confidential
FP&A Learning System Fees
The FP&A Learning System will be available for purchase on August 15, 2013 and will ship in late September.
|FP&A Learning System and Beta Exam Bundle Price*
|FP&A Learning System
|Beta Examination Enrollment
|FP&A Learning System Price
|FP&A Learning System Introductory Price (before 12/31/13)
|AFP Member, FP&A Learning System Standard Price (after 12/31/13)
|AFP Non-Member, FP&A Learning System Standard Price (after 12/31/13)
*This $1000 offer is only available when both the learning system and Beta exam enrollment are purchased together and is available in limited quantities. This offer will expire 12/1/2013.