FPAC Policy Changes
Program Updates for 2020 include:
Exam Part I Waiver
- Beginning April 15, 2020 candidates who hold one of the following credentials in good standing may apply for an Exam Part I waiver. If approved, their Exam Part I requirement will be met and the candidate will not be required to take and pass Exam Part I.
- Credentials eligible for an Exam Part I waiver:
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP)
- Certified Public Accountant (USA) (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Exam Part II waivers are not available. All candidates must take and pass the Exam Part II in order to earn the credential.
- Candidates who are registered for Exam Part I at the time their waiver application is approved and have made an appointment to take the Exam Part I must contact Pearson Vue and cancel their appointment in accordance with the Pearson Vue appointment cancellation policies else they will be required to pay a $100 no show fee.
- For more information on Exam Part I waivers, see here.
Program Updates for 2019 include:
Revised Test Specifications and Exams
• Updates have been made to the Test Specifications and format of the exams. A new question format has been added. For more details see the Case Analysis page here.
After carefully considering feedback from candidates, AFP has made changes to simplify the registration policies for the FPAC program.
• Re-Registration fees (formerly known as Re-Examination fees) will be lowered to $250 per part from $350, effective June 23, 2018 beginning with the February - March 2019 (2019A) window.
• Transfers (moving one or both examination parts from the current window to the next available window) are no longer an option, effective April 1, 2019. You may re-register for a future window if you need to move your exam window.
• The February - March 2019 (2019A) testing window will be the last testing window to utilize the current edition of the Learning System. The new learning tool will be effective starting with the August - September 2019 (2019B) testing window through February - March 2024 (2024A). Candidates who previously purchased a Learning System and are still enrolled, but have not yet passed both parts of the test, will receive the updated material at no cost once they are registered for an upcoming window.